Thursday 2 February 2012

Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan

Author: Tiernan, Cate
Published Year: 
Publisher: 
Number of Pages: 
Paranormal Elements: 
Immortals     |     Magic

A story about a 450 year old immortal girl who has led a life of partying. After a close friend of hers shocks her into realising that her life has lost it's meaning and she has reached a stand still, she decides to take up an old offer from many decades ago, leading her on a roller-coaster ride ( or maybe as she sees it, a boring, repetitive hell) of self discovery, what it means to be truly content and happy with your lot and facing your past.

I enjoyed this book. For some reason it made me feel clean while reading it and the characters had that true depth to them that makes you think and actually take advice from them.
I liked Nastasya, the author voiced her in a hilariously unique way, making you love her even though she is in no way 'pure of heart'. I actually laughed out loud at some points, the sarcasm and wit Nasty uses  was quite smart.
I stayed up till 2:30am one night to finish this, and then the next night I NO JOKE, dreamt about finding the sequel in a book store and buying it. When I woke I was not happy to find that my purchase had remained inside my head. When the sequel DOES come out, I will most certainly buy it, I can't wait to see Nasty face Incy!

I'd recommend this to people who are into the whole paranormal/ supernatural teenage fiction that spawned after Twilight, you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment